Who does Pilates?
When is Pilates the right thing for me?
Pilates is a very effective training method that is suited to men and women of every age and physical condition. Pilates training does not require you to stop carrying out the activities you’ve been doing so far. Quite the opposite: Many famous athletes, dancers and musicians complement and boost their regular training with Pilates. Joseph H. Pilates’ aim was to support each and every one of his pupils in setting themselves higher goals and attaining these. So whether you spend a lot of time behind a desk and want to stretch your back or you’re a professional athlete seeking to boost your condition – Pilates exercises remain suitable for everyone, even in today’s world.
- When you want to move your body and improve your body awareness
- When you suffer from physical complaints due to a one-sided everyday routine
- When you want to push the boundaries of your performance as an athlete, dancer, musician, etc.
- When you want to prevent injuries from happening or are looking to convalesce swiftly
- When you want to prevent an injury from reoccurring or are convalescing from an operation or injury (we are happy to cooperate with your physiotherapist)
- When you are going to have an operation and wish to strengthen your body beforehand
- When you have had to be careful with physical training in the past due to some physical condition (e.g. high blood pressure, diabetes, osteoporosis, scoliosis, carpal tunnel syndrome, obesity, chronic back pain, etc.)
- When you don’t like conventional fitness centres or get bored training in them, or when you’re looking for an additional training routine to give you that extra challenge
- When you have been neglecting your body, perhaps due to a negative body image, but would love to feel good in your body
- When you prefer to have a personal instructor to supervise you and tailor your training programme to fit your individual needs
Also: When you want more than just a conventional workout and are looking to establish a new relationship with your body, then Pilates might just be the right thing for you.